- Adjusted net income increased $28.4 million to $41.0 million in the second quarter 2012, or $0.60 per diluted share, compared to $12.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the prior year period, primarily attributable to the benefit of the revenue and gross profit earned from United States (U.S.) Zomig® sales pursuant to the previously disclosed License Agreement with AstraZeneca UK Limited (AstraZeneca License Agreement) and higher generic Adderall XR® sales. Adjusted results exclude certain items related to recent third-party business development transactions.
- GAAP net income increased 49% to $18.7 million in the second quarter 2012, or $0.27 per diluted share, compared to $12.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the prior year period, primarily due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales by the Company’s brand division and higher generic Adderall XR® sales.
- Total revenues increased 32% to $166.5 million in the second quarter 2012, compared to $125.9 million in the prior year period, primarily due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales and higher generic Adderall XR® sales. Second quarter 2012 revenues exclude U.S. Zomig® orally disintegrating and nasal spray formulation sales by AstraZeneca, although the Company received the benefit of the gross profit ($16.2 million) from these sales during the specified transition period pursuant to the AstraZeneca License Agreement.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Adjusted EBITDA), increased to $72.6 million in the second quarter 2012, compared to $24.9 million in the prior year period, primarily attributable to the items noted above.
Impax Laboratories Reports Second Quarter 2012 Adjusted EPS Increased To $0.60; GAAP EPS Increased To $0.27
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.