- Adjusted net income increased $28.4 million to $41.0 million in the second quarter 2012, or $0.60 per diluted share, compared to $12.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the prior year period, primarily attributable to the benefit of the revenue and gross profit earned from United States (U.S.) Zomig® sales pursuant to the previously disclosed License Agreement with AstraZeneca UK Limited (AstraZeneca License Agreement) and higher generic Adderall XR® sales. Adjusted results exclude certain items related to recent third-party business development transactions.
- GAAP net income increased 49% to $18.7 million in the second quarter 2012, or $0.27 per diluted share, compared to $12.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the prior year period, primarily due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales by the Company’s brand division and higher generic Adderall XR® sales.
- Total revenues increased 32% to $166.5 million in the second quarter 2012, compared to $125.9 million in the prior year period, primarily due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales and higher generic Adderall XR® sales. Second quarter 2012 revenues exclude U.S. Zomig® orally disintegrating and nasal spray formulation sales by AstraZeneca, although the Company received the benefit of the gross profit ($16.2 million) from these sales during the specified transition period pursuant to the AstraZeneca License Agreement.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Adjusted EBITDA), increased to $72.6 million in the second quarter 2012, compared to $24.9 million in the prior year period, primarily attributable to the items noted above.
Impax Laboratories Reports Second Quarter 2012 Adjusted EPS Increased To $0.60; GAAP EPS Increased To $0.27
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.