NEW YORK -- Media and entertainment giant Time Warner (TWX) is expected by analysts Wednesday to post second-quarter adjusted earnings of 59 cents a share on revenue of $6.95 billion.
Time Warner reported adjusted earnings of 60 cents a share on revenue of $7.03 billion in the year-earlier quarter.
MasterCard (MA), the credit card processor, is scheduled to report second-quarter results before Wednesday's opening bell and analysts expect earnings of $5.58 a share on revenue of $1.88 billion. MasterCard has beaten the consensus view in eight straight quarters with an average upside surprise of 7.4%.
Avon (AVP), the cosmetics company, is seen posting a second-quarter profit of 21 cents a share on revenue of $2.68 billion. Apple iPhone 5: Reading the Tea Leaves
Harley-Davidson (HOG) is expected by analysts Wednesday to post quarterly earnings of $1.05 a share on sales of $1.64 billion.
BMC Software (BMC) on Tuesday reported below-consensus quarterly results. The software maker's revenue came in at $504.4 million, flat compared to the same period last year, or up 2% on a constant currency basis. Analysts were looking for revenue of $521.8 million. Excluding items, BMC earned 65 cents a share, down from 72 cents a share a year earlier, and below the average analysts' estimate of 74 cents. BMC Feels Macro, Currency Pressures
True Religion Apparel (TRLG) on Tuesday lowered its financial forecast for the full year, saying it now sees earnings of $1.80 to $1.86 a share on revenue ranging from $450 million to $455 million for fiscal 2012. Analysts forecast profit of $1.97 a share on revenue of $467.8 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV