CALGARY, July 31, 2012 /CNW/ - Enerplus Corporation ("Enerplus") (TSX: ERF) (NYSE: ERF) announces that a cash dividend in the amount of CDN$0.09 per share will be payable on August 20, 2012 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on August 10, 2012. The ex-dividend date for this payment is August 8, 2012.
The CDN$0.09 per share dividend is equivalent to approximately US$0.09 per share if converted using a Canadian/US dollar exchange rate of 0.9967. The U.S. dollar equivalent dividend will be based upon the actual Canadian/US exchange rate applied on the payment date and will be net of any Canadian withholding taxes that may be applicable.
The dividend paid by Enerplus is considered an "eligible dividend" for Canadian tax purposes. For U.S. income tax purposes, Enerplus' dividends are considered "qualified dividends".
Shareholders are reminded that a new Stock Dividend Program ("SDP") is available to all shareholders. The benefits of the SDP include:
- Shareholders can elect to receive dividends paid in Enerplus shares at a 5% discount to an average market price;
- The SDP has certain attributes that make it more attractive than a traditional DRIP to most shareholders who hold their Enerplus shares in taxable accounts;
- No commissions or fees; and
- Optional participation in the SDP, allowing our shareholders to continue to receive cash dividends unless they elect to receive stock dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV