By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Russian Internet search company Yandex (YNDX) has been relatively cheap compared with China's Baidu, its emerging-market counterpart, and option activity turned bullish Monday.
Bank of America recently upgraded the company to a buy because of that comparison and expectations that it will release strong quarterly results Tuesday. Morgan Stanley followed up with its own bullish commentary late last week.
Option volume swelled in the August 22 calls, with some large blocks trading for 60 cents. More than 2,600 crossed OptionMonster's tracking systems Monday versus previous positioning of just 421 contracts at that strike.Calls lock in the price investors must pay to buy shares, so they can generate some nice leverage if the stock rallies. But if it doesn't, those options will expire worthless. Yandex rose 3.02% to $20.83 Monday. More than 7,700 options traded in the name, compared with less than 1,000 in a typical session. Najarian is long YNDX.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV