Mercadolibre Inc. (MELI): Today's Featured Diversified Services Laggard
Mercadolibre (MELI) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Mercadolibre fell $5.71 (-7.5%) to $70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Mercadolibre exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 658,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.78-$72 after having opened the day at $70.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.71. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: American Learning (ALRN), down 12.9%, New Oriental Education & Technology Group I (EDU), down 8.8%, ITT Educational Services (ESI), down 7.9%, and Education Management Corporation (EDMC), down 7.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Mercadolibre Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV