Republic Services Inc (RSG): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Republic Services (RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Republic Services rose 39 cents (1.4%) to $28.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.16-$28.61 after having opened the day at $28.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.17. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Shaw Group (SHAW), up 55.5%, MYR Group (MYRG), up 9.6%, Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), up 5.8%, and Tutor Perini (TPC), up 5.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV