“Strategically we are committed and have taken the first step to improve our financial strength by adjusting our second half capital program to be near projected cash flow. With our remaining 2012 capital budget mainly targeting higher-margin oil opportunities, we expect to deliver second half oil volume growth that is 10-15% higher than the first half of the year. We have reduced spending in, and will have lower production from, lower-return liquids and natural gas projects.
“Operational execution is critical in bringing forward the value of our assets as their quality has not been adequately reflected in our recent results. The entire Forest team is focused on and committed to delivering this value to our shareholders.”
SECOND QUARTER 2012 RESULTS
For the three months ended June 30, 2012, Forest reported a net loss of $511 million, or $(4.44) per diluted share. This compares to Forest's net earnings from continuing operations of $29 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the corresponding 2011 period. The net loss for the three months ended June 30, 2012 was affected by the following items:
- The effect of a ceiling test write-down of $349 million ($223 million net of tax)
- An increase in the valuation allowance on deferred tax assets (primarily driven by the ceiling test write-down) of $290 million ($290 million net of tax)
- The effect of potential contractual severance costs and accelerated stock-based compensation costs (based on grant-date valuations) associated with the termination of Forest’s prior Chief Executive Officer of $6 million ($4 million net of tax)
- The income tax effect of non-deductible stock-based compensation of $2 million ($2 million net of tax)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV