Amerigroup Leadership Honored To Serve On Higher Education Boards
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Three members of the executive leadership team at Amerigroup Corporation (NYSE: AGP) are now serving on higher education boards in Virginia.
- John E. Littel, executive vice president of External Relations for Amerigroup, was appointed by Gov. Bob McDonnell this month to serve a four-year term on the board of visitors at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg. Littel also serves on the board of advisors for William & Mary's Thomas Jefferson Program in Public Policy.
- Linda Whitley-Taylor, executive vice president of Human Resources for Amerigroup, became the rector of the Radford University board of visitors earlier this month. Whitley-Taylor formerly served as the chair of the board's Governance and Administration Committee. A 1986 graduate of Radford, she was appointed to the board of visitors in 2009.
- Richard C. Zoretic, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Amerigroup, currently serves on the board of visitors for Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS). Zoretic was appointed to the board of visitors in 2010.
"It's a distinguished honor and privilege for our leaders to serve on these boards, and I couldn't be more proud of their contributions," remarked James G. Carlson, chief executive officer for Amerigroup. "At Amerigroup, we do well by doing good. Whether it's delivering hot meals to seniors in need, mentoring school children or serving on the board of visitors at an esteemed university, it's simply part of our social charter."
About Amerigroup CorporationAmerigroup, a Fortune 500 company, coordinates services for individuals in publicly funded health care programs. Currently serving more than 2.7 million members in 13 states nationwide, Amerigroup expects to expand operations to Kansas as a result of previously awarded state contract. Amerigroup is dedicated to offering real solutions that improve health care access and quality for its members, while proactively working to reduce the overall cost of care to taxpayers. Amerigroup accepts all eligible people regardless of age, sex, race or disability. For more information, please visit www.amerigroup.com.
Contacts:Investors: Julie Loftus TrudellAmerigroup CorporationSenior Vice President, Investor Relations(757) 321-3597 email@example.com News Media: Maureen C. McDonnellAmerigroup Corporation Vice President, External Communications(757) 473-2731 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Amerigroup Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV