Texas Roadhouse, Inc. (NasdaqGS: TXRH), today announced financial results for the 13 and 26 week periods ended June 26, 2012.
|Second Quarter||Year to Date|
|($000's)||2012||2011||% Change||2012||2011||% Change|
|Income from operations (1)||31,247||23,748||32||60,649||53,957||12|
|Net income (1)||20,310||16,076||26||39,179||35,869||9|
|Diluted EPS (1)||$0.28||$0.22||28||$0.55||$0.49||12|
|(1) 2012 YTD includes a charge related to a legal settlement discussed below.|
Results for the second quarter included:
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 4.5% at company restaurants and 4.8% at franchise restaurants;
- 7 company restaurants were opened;
- Restaurant margins, as a percentage of restaurant sales, increased 91 basis points to 19.1%;
- Diluted earnings per share increased 28% to $0.28 from $0.22 in the prior year.
Results year-to-date included:
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 5.3% at company restaurants and 5.9% at franchise restaurants;
- 15 company restaurants were opened;
- Restaurant margins, as a percentage of restaurant sales, increased 39 basis points to 19.1%;
- As previously disclosed, the Company recorded a one-time, pre-tax charge of $5.0 million ($3.1 million after-tax) in the first quarter of 2012 for a legal settlement, which had a $0.04 impact on diluted earnings per share;
- Before the previously disclosed first quarter charge, diluted earnings per share increased 20% to $0.59 from $0.49 in the prior year.
Kent Taylor, Chief Executive Officer of Texas Roadhouse, commented, “Our results remained strong in the second quarter highlighted by 15 percent revenue growth and a 28 percent increase in diluted earnings per share. We are encouraged by the impressive sales volumes currently being generated by our 2012 restaurant class. Our solid real estate pipeline will enable us to grow at least 25 restaurants in 2013. Finally, our balance sheet and cash flow remain healthy as we continue to internally fund our growth while returning excess capital to our shareholders through dividends.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV