Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: HTLF):
- Record net income of $14.0 million or $0.77 per diluted common share
- Net interest margin of 4.05%
- Gains on sale of loans increased $4.2 million or 49% over the first quarter 2012
- Growth in loans held to maturity of $97.2 million since March 31, 2012
- Deposit growth of $59.1 million since March 31, 2012
- Nonperforming assets not covered under loss share agreements decreased $6.3 million since March 31, 2012
|Quarter Ended||Six Months Ended|
|June 30,||June 30,|
|Net income (in millions)||$||14.0||$||10.2||$||26.8||$||14.4|
|Net income available to common stockholders (in millions)||12.9||8.9||24.8||11.8|
|Diluted earnings per common share||0.77||0.54||1.48||0.71|
|Return on average assets||1.20||%||0.89||%||1.16||%||0.59||%|
|Return on average common equity||18.28||13.69||17.78||9.28|
|Net interest margin||4.05||4.23||4.14||4.21|
|“Heartland set another earnings record in the second quarter, reporting net income of $14.0 million, a 37 percent increase over last year's second quarter. Year-to-date net income of $26.8 million is nearly double our earnings in the first half of 2011.”|
|Lynn B. Fuller, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Heartland Financial USA, Inc.|
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: HTLF) today reported net income of $14.0 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, which was an increase of $3.8 million or 37 percent from the $10.2 million recorded for the second quarter of 2011. Net income available to common stockholders was $12.9 million, or $0.77 per diluted common share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to $8.9 million, or $0.54 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2011. Return on average common equity was 18.28 percent and return on average assets was 1.20 percent for the second quarter of 2012, compared to 13.69 percent and 0.89 percent, respectively, for the same quarter in 2011.
Earnings for the second quarter of 2012, in comparison to the second quarter of 2011, were most significantly affected by the continued expansion of mortgage operations in both new and existing markets. Solid loan growth also contributed to the maintenance of a net interest margin above 4.00 percent for the 12 th consecutive quarter.Net income recorded for the first six months of 2012 was $26.8 million, compared to $14.4 million recorded during the first six months of 2011. Net income available to common stockholders was $24.8 million, or $1.48 per diluted common share, for the six months ended June 30, 2012, compared to $11.8 million, or $0.71 per diluted common share, earned during the first six months of 2011. Return on average common equity was 17.78 percent and return on average assets was 1.16 percent for the first six months of 2012, compared to 9.28 percent and 0.59 percent, respectively, for the same period in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV