ITASCA, Ill., July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of G. S. Chapman & Associates Insurance Brokers, Inc. (Chapman Insurance) headquartered in Pasadena, California. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Founded in 1973, Chapman Insurance is a retail insurance broker providing property/casualty, employee benefits and risk management insurance services for their clients throughout the Western United States. They specialize in placing coverage for the non-profit, healthcare, education, and real estate and transportation industries. Gregory S. Chapman and his team will continue to operate in their current Pasadena and Lafayette, California locations under the direction of James G. McFarlane, Western Regional Manager of Gallagher's retail property/casualty brokerage operation.
"Chapman Insurance is built on a culture that focuses on outstanding client partnerships, strong carrier relationships and team-based sales and service capabilities," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Chapman's strong California presence, depth of expertise, and nearly 40-year history will be an excellent complement to our Western Region brokerage operations, and we are extremely pleased to welcome Greg and his colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 17 countries and offers client service capabilities in more than 110 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 or email@example.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV