Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX) is a drug development collaboration company. Furiex's product pipeline includes two marketed products and three programs in development, including late-stage compounds, in multiple therapeutic areas. This stock is trading up 2.9% at $20.39 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 149,000Average Volume: 85,138 Volume % Change: 84% Shares of FURX are ripping higher today ahead of the company's earnings report, which is set for Thursday after the market close. From a technical perspective, FURX has started to move back above its 50-day moving average of $19.83 here with above average volume. >>5 Biotech Stocks Poised for Breakouts Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in FURX ahead of its earnings report as long as it's trading above $19.83 with strong volume. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 85,138 shares as bullish. After earnings, I would look for long-biased trades in FURX if it can manage to trigger a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once FURX takes out some near-term overheard resistance at $22.47 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $22.47 or Thursday's high (if it's greater) with volume that's near or above 85,138 shares. If we get that action, then look for FURX to hit $25 or higher post-earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV