Cal-Mine Foods (CALM) is a producer and marketer of shell eggs in the U.S. This stock is trading up 2.3% at $37.34 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 174,000Average Volume: 103,173 Volume % Change: 232% Shares of CLAM are moving higher today after the company reported a higher profit because it benefited from an extra week of sales this quarter. The company posted a quarterly income of $37.3 million, or $1.56 per share, compared with $7.3 million, or 30 cents per share, a year earlier. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, CALM is gapping up here back above both its 200-day moving average at $36.30 and its 50-day moving average at $37.02 with heavy volume. This stock has also briefly flirted with entering breakout territory, since CLAM has challenged some near-term overhead resistance at $37.61. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CALM as long as it's trending above its 50-day, and above $37.61 to $38.06 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 103,173 shares as bullish. If we get that action, then CALM could spike towards $39 to $41 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV