Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer had a lot to say about a recent wave of stock downgrades during his "Six Stocks in 60 Seconds" segment on Monday's "Squawk on the Street" on CNBC.
He said that data center purveyor Equinix (EQIX) remains the best-performing cloud computing play despite Monday's analyst downgrade. He was also bullish on telco equipment maker Ciena (CIEN) which may now be seeing some buying from Verizon (VZ).
Drug maker Eli Lilly (LLY) is a "red hot" stock like the rest of pharma, said Cramer, and remains good for a short-term trade. Pulte Homes (PHM) also remains a buy as the home builders continue to "make a fortune" despite repeated calls for a top in the housing market.Rounding out the group, Cramer dismissed rumors that Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) is "vulnerable." He said that Newell, like Stanley Black & Decker (SWK), continues to see its stock go up anyway. Cramer was also bullish on Broadcom (BRCM), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, and one that he said is poised to have an excellent second half. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV