Paying for college just became easier for Mackenzie Chase, a soon-to-be freshman at University of Central Florida, with a $10,000 scholarship from Sallie Mae, the nation’s No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Chase was selected from hundreds of entries in Sallie Mae’s Picture of Pride contest for creatively exemplifying her school spirit.
“I’m excited to be the third generation in my family carrying on the tradition of school pride and supporting the UCF community—I already have a countdown of my move-in date,” said Chase, 18, a resident of Orlando, Fla. and recent high school graduate from East River. She plans to attend University of Central Florida this fall, majoring in biomedical sciences with a minor in international studies. Her dream is to attend medical school and start a career in pediatric medicine.
“It’s surreal that I actually won the Sallie Mae scholarship; now paying for my college education will be so much easier,” said Chase. “My advice to other college students is to look everywhere for scholarship opportunities. Make sure you complete the FAFSA and other forms on time so you can qualify for federal aid. And most importantly, be relentless when searching for scholarships; check for university-specific listings as well as outside sources, and apply for as many as you can.”
In just two months, nearly 700 photographs were submitted and displayed on Sallie Mae’s Facebook page. After an online voting period, Chase was selected based on her demonstration of family pride in her school, her demonstration of school spirit, and her reflection of the joy and excitement of pursuing her education dreams.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV