LinkedIn (LNKD) is one name that I wouldn't have expected to see on this list just a few short months ago. But this social media name has been on fire of late, rallying more than 64% in 2012 - which is a lot more than you can say of burnout names like Facebook (FB) and Groupon (GRPN).
Indeed, LinkedIn is in a breed all its own. And with rising analyst sentiment in shares, this stock made the cut to be called a Rocket Stock this week.LinkedIn is a social networking website for business professionals, boasting more than 103 million users. That positioning is very attractive right now. For starters, it's one of the few social networking business models that puts revenue generation squarely in line with the focus of its userbase. For Facebook to generate ad clicks, it has to distract users from what they're trying to do: interact with friends. LinkedIn, on the other hand, generates sales by giving job seekers and hiring managers more tools to accomplish their goals, and that helps the firm's prospects look a whole lot more attractive to investors who want to invest in real businesses. >>10 Top-Rated Tech Stocks That Pay Big Dividends No big surprise, LinkedIn is another name that's announcing earnings this week, delivering its second quarter numbers on Thursday. The firm has been profitable for the last two years, and it carries a lot of liquidity on its debt-free balance sheet. As continued high unemployment sends job seekers looking for new ways to get hired, LinkedIn has some strong tailwinds in its favor -- and opportunities to court some major evangelists for the site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV