AMR Holds an Ace: Most Aircraft Orders of Any U.S. Airline
The A321s will fly from New York Kennedy to Los Angeles and San Francisco. "We are deploying these aircraft on routes where significant first class demand exists," said Friedman, adding that American's top corporate accounts include entertainment and financial industry clients who frequently fly those routes. American has not yet selected the aircraft for its transcontinental routes from Boston, Miami and New York. In general, new A321s, A319s and 737-800s will replace aging Boeing 757-200s and MD80s.
Mann said it's good for American to upgrade its fleet, but it's a little early to actively promote the upgrades. "The claim is that somehow they will have a new fleet overnight," he said. "This is creating expectations that may not be met. "
Realistically, promotion should occur when passengers have some likelihood of seeing new aircraft. "When it becomes a coin flip whether passengers will see new planes, you can talk about them," Mann said. "When it's a dice roll, you can't."
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV