The Austin, TX.-based company reported latest-quarter earnings of 22 cents per share, on revenue of $99 million. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was $100.94 million revenue on earnings of $14.48 million, or 21 cents a share, in the June-ended quarter.
For the company's second quarter ending in September, Cirrus forecast revenue between $170 million and $190 million -- a 70% sequential increase. Wall Street's current consensus estimate for next quarter is earnings of 39 cents a share on revenue of $129.65 million.
Because Cirrus provides chips for Apple's (APPL) mobile products, including the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, investors may link Cirrus' confidence in the next quarter and year to the much anticipated launch of the next generation smartphone."I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank all of the Cirrus Logic employees who have worked incredibly hard over the past several years to position the company for this sharp transition to a higher level of revenue," said Cirrus CEO Jason Rhode in the release. "This team's ability to formulate and execute a strategy is truly remarkable and gives us great confidence as we continue to increase our R&D (Research & Development) investment in order to support our customers and pursue further growth opportunities. We expect FY13 (Fiscal Year 2013) to be an outstanding year for Cirrus Logic and our long term shareholders." The company also announced the sale of assets associated with its Apex Precision Power business for $26 million. Shares of Cirrus closed Monday's regular session up 3.04% at $29.84. The stock was last quoted at $33.95, up 13.51%, on after-hours volume of 973,918 million. --Written by Nathalie Pierrepont in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. >Contact by Email. Follow @nrpierrepont
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV