CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tree.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:TREE) today announced the appointment of Alex Mandel as Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Mr. Mandel has worked with the Company as a financial consultant since July 2010. He brings sixteen years of corporate finance experience to the CFO role at Tree.com. Prior to his consultancy, Mr. Mandel was an investment banker advising clients in the Media & Entertainment industry for thirteen years, primarily at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.
"Alex has led many critical initiatives over the past 18 months, including streamlining our cost structure, disposing of non-core assets, completing our HLC sale and helping formulate our go-forward strategy," said Doug Lebda, Chairman and CEO. "I'm thrilled to have him formally join the organization as Chief Financial Officer.""I'm very excited to formally join Tree.com," said Alex Mandel. "This opportunity comes at a pivotal point in the Company's evolution. We have become a more focused, nimble enterprise, with substantial resources to support our future growth. We foresee numerous opportunities ahead to leverage the Company's iconic LendingTree brand and scalable operating platform." Mr. Mandel holds a B.A. in Economics from Tufts University and an MBA from Columbia Business School. About Tree.com, Inc. Tree.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE) is the parent of several brands and businesses that provide information, tools, advice, products and services for critical transactions in consumers' lives. Our family of brands includes: LendingTree.com®, GetSmart.com®, DegreeTree.com®, LendingTreeAutos.com, DoneRight.com®, ServiceTree.com®, InsuranceTree.com® and HealthTree.com®. Together, these brands serve as an ally for consumers who are looking to comparison shop for loans, education, auto, home services and other services from multiple businesses and professionals who will compete for their business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV