CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) today announced that it has extended its fiber network in Charlotte, N.C. into five data center facilities, providing Charlotte businesses, as well as businesses nationwide, with reliable, high-speed access to cloud-based services.
CenturyLink's fiber ring network in Charlotte helps address the demand for increased bandwidth by providing customers with customizable data networking solutions at standardized pricing and secure access into five area data centers at no additional cost. CenturyLink data solutions include:
- CenturyLink IQ™ Internet Port - Scalable Internet connectivity at access speeds customized to meet any business need.
- CenturyLink IQ™ Networking Private Port - Flexible and reliable private IP-based VPN service that combines voice and data applications onto a single network.
- Optical Wavelength Service - Fully managed, private, point-to-point service using dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) technology.
"CenturyLink's data networking products, combined with reliable connectivity to our nationwide next-generation network and secure access into data centers, will help businesses in Charlotte develop and launch cloud-based offerings needed in today's fast-paced business environment," said Richard Twilley, CenturyLink vice president of sales. "By helping businesses tap into the power of managed hosting and cloud computing, CenturyLink continues to demonstrate its success in serving enterprise and government customers nationwide."Businesses wanting more information can contact Steve Tracy at CenturyLink at 919-562-2542 or email@example.com. More information about CenturyLink products and solutions for businesses can be found at www.centurylink.com/business. About CenturyLinkCenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice, wireless and managed services to consumers and businesses across the country. It also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to enterprise, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink's customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country's largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com. SOURCE CenturyLink
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV