Who They Are: AT&T trades an average of 27.3 million shares per day with a marketcap of $212.8 billion.
The stock pays an annualized dividend of $1.76 for a 4.74% yield.At nearly 30 million shares traded per day, Ma Bell is No. 1 in terms of liquidity in this list. This doesn't mean it's the best, because more than a simple yield amount is needed to determine if a stock is right for your portfolio, but you may want to take a serious look to see if your portfolio can benefit from exposure to AT&T. 52-Week Range: $27.41 to 36.20 The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 15.9. The mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 14.9, based on earnings of $2.38 per share this year. Investors are currently receiving $1.76 in dividends per year. During the last three years, the average dividend paid per year is $1.68. Over the last five years, the dividend has grown by an average of 5.3% per year. Shares are modestly higher from a month ago. The last date AT&T released earnings was June 24 and the closing price before earnings was $34.63. Based on a recent price of $37.14, shares are up 8.5%. T Revenue data by YCharts
At the time of publication, the author was long RSH and may soon enter into a long position with any other stock mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV