The server and storage component specialist, which recently released record second-quarter results, saw its shares rise last week following a rumor that Oracle (ORCL) or IBM (IBM) may acquire the company.
Mellanox CEO Eyal Waldman, however, responded by saying that the company should stay independent so long as it can continue to grow faster than it could as a unit of a buyer, according to Israeli Web site Globes.
Facebook (FB) shares rose 1.37% to $24.03 on Monday as the stock stabilized following its slump last week.The social networker's shares were off 17.6% last week as investors responded to Facebook's first quarterly results as a public company, released on Thursday. Facebook was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 186,237. Apple (AAPL) was up 0.9% to $590.49 in premarket trading. The tech giant missed analysts' estimates in its third-quarter results last week amid economic weakness in areas such as Europe, Australia, Canada, and Brazil and a lull in demand ahead of the company's next iPhone. Shares of Amazon (AMZN), which reported mixed second-quarter results last week, slipped 0.01% to $237.30 before market open on Monday. Seagate (STX) shares rose 0.33% to $30.11 ahead of the hard drive maker's fourth-quarter results, released after market close on Monday. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for revenue of $4.56 billion and earnings of $2.51 a share. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV