- Achieved an historic, first approval from Health Canada to market its stem cell drug, Prochymal ( remestemcel-L), for the treatment of acute graft-vs-host disease (GvHD) in children.
- Obtained a second approval for Prochymal in New Zealand, through its medical regulatory agency, Medsafe.
- Attained a transitional pass-through status from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), with C-Codes being designated for Grafix®. Also, CMS also issued a preliminary positive decision for the assignment of permanent Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Q-codes.
- In the largest study of allogeneic or "off-the-shelf" stem cells ever conducted in heart attack patients, reported interim one-year results showing that treatment with Prochymal resulted in a statistically significant reduction in heart failure in patients experiencing first-time acute myocardial infarction.
- Selected by the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to submit a full proposal for a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) to fund advanced research and development of countermeasures, specifically for the use of Grafix in mass casualty thermal burn injuries.
- Reported $1.6 million of revenue from the distribution of our Biosurgery products during the second quarter – a 43% increase over the previous quarter.
- Reported cash, receivables and short-term investments of $40.1 million as of June 30, 2012.
Osiris Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts