Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a leading software provider, today introduced the new Progress® DataDirect Connect® for ADO.NET 4.0, the latest version of its industry-leading suite of ADO.NET (ActiveX Data Objects for .NET) data providers that completely eliminates the need for database client libraries with a 100 percent managed, wire protocol architecture. This new release includes Microsoft Entity Framework support, Visual Studio LightSwitch support and expanded enterprise capabilities that enable developers to rapidly create, deploy and manage high-performance, mission-critical desktop and Cloud applications with ease.
Tatsuro Hayashi, Corporate Development Office Manager for MapQuest Corporation in Japan, noted: “Using the DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 data provider, we can develop high performing, reliable ADO.NET applications that offer bulk load functionality, application failover, and top of the line security for our customers. Because managed code runs in the Common Language Runtime (CLR) environment, it reduces risks such as memory leaks and closes security holes that unmanaged code leaves exposed. This means our programmers and developers have secure, reliable and versatile deployment options available in either application or client-server environments. Additionally, our software developers and programmers can avoid the versioning headaches associated with other .NET providers as well as multiple versions of client libraries and databases used across our company.”
As more .NET applications move to the Cloud, high performance and efficiency become even more important. The Progress DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 data providers are a critical component to delivering on that goal, while significantly lowering operating costs for Cloud applications by using less memory and CPU cycles. The DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 data providers deliver top performance, as well as significantly higher levels of security and authentication, reliability and failover, connection pool management and multi-database consistency not found in other drivers. This enables developers to create higher performing applications with greater uptime and better security.
Jesse Davis, director of research and development, DataDirect, said: “Progress Software continues to be a leader in both the breadth and depth of database coverage, features, and application development technologies. With the release of the DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 data providers, programmers and application developers can build applications for the Cloud with greater ease. We also offer the industry’s broadest support of Microsoft LightSwitch, which enables businesses to develop and deploy their applications faster than ever when partnered with the new DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 data providers.”New enterprise development features available in the DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET 4.0 providers include:
- Visual Studio LightSwitch support – Enables developers to quickly develop and deploy LightSwitch applications for Oracle, DB2 iSeries and Sybase.
- Development pattern support and type mapping – Developers have more starting points to begin their ADO.NET development (including Entity Framework 4.0 model and code first patterns) and greater flexibility in choosing how to implement framework types in the database to comply with corporate standards or to meet DBA requirements for indexing.
- Expanded bulk load support - Increased performance and flexibility of Progress DataDirect® Bulk Load applications, including enhanced streaming in Visual Basic or C#. Faster bulk operation performance can be applied across a wider range of scenarios than ever before.
- Enhanced enterprise-quality driver logging - Complete runtime pictures of driver/database interactions through fully tuneable connection options gives developers the ability to resolve technical issues quickly and minimize production impact of troubleshooting. Memory buffers capture information rather than writing straight to disk, minimizing the impact to the performance of the runtime environment and translating to faster resolution times for technical issues and more uptime in production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV