O'Connor said that his 2013 earnings estimate of $5.00 a share for JPMorgan "is now 10% lower than pre-CIO trading losses," reflecting "the elimination of earnings related to macro hedges, some de-risking of the securities book, modest market share losses in the core trading business and less share buybacks," which "are partially offset by tighter cost controls, higher mortgage and lower loan loss reserves."
Dimon said during JPMorgan Chase's second-quarter conference call that "hopefully, if all goes well, we can start buying back stock early in the fourth quarter," resuming the share buyback program that was suspended in May after the CIO hedge trading losses were first disclosed.
O'Connor said that Deutsche Bank has become "increasingly concerned" that "EPS expectations may be too high," and that "capital deployment may disappoint," since Federal Reserve "approval for meaningful buybacks in 4Q12/1Q13 is unlikely."
Deutsche Bank's price target for JPMorgan Chase is $40.00.Interested in more JPMorgan Chase? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV