â¿¿ Loews Corp. sank 5 percent after reporting that its net income plunged 78 percent in the second quarter. The holding company, controlled by New York's Tisch family, took a hit as falling energy prices lowered the value of its oil and gas properties. The company runs Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc., HighMount Exploration & Production and Loews Hotels. Its stock lost $2.16 to $39.54.
â¿¿ Suntech Power Holdings plunged 15 percent. The Chinese solar company said it may be the victim of a massive fraud. Suntech dropped 23 cents to $1.34. The solar company's stock has lost 82 percent of its market value over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV