I could not be happier with several of the dividend stocks I own.
Two Core PlaysI use Dividend Reinvestment Plans (DRIPs) to stay consistently long American Electric Power (AEP) and Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX). AEP data by YCharts
AEP tanked a bit earlier in the year on regulatory uncertainty in one of its largest markets, Ohio. After hitting lows in April, the stock has recovered by roughly 14%. Management cut AEP's dividend in 2003. They have increased it, however, every year but one since 2005 to its present $1.88 level. It looks stable. I just got into BDX's DRIP on some weakness during the end of May. Here's another stock that's not all that exciting, but it pays a dividend that has a long history -- longer than AEP's -- of going up. I write a check to each stock's DRIP every month alongside an automatic monthly investment and then forget that I own them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV