Chesapeake Lodging Trust (NYSE: CHSP) announced today that it has closed on a $70.0 million fixed-rate mortgage loan. The loan is secured by the 613-room Denver Marriott City Center and was provided by Western National Life Insurance Company. The loan has a term of 30 years, but is callable by the lender after 10 years, and the Trust expects the lender to call the loan promptly at that time. The loan carries a fixed interest rate of 4.90% per annum, with principal and interest based on a 30-year amortization. Proceeds from the loan were used to repay the remaining outstanding borrowings under the Trust’s revolving credit facility and for general business purposes.
“We are very pleased to take advantage of the historically low interest rate environment and obtain fixed-rate financing for 10 years at less than 5.0%,” said Douglas W. Vicari, Chesapeake Lodging Trust’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
ABOUT CHESAPEAKE LODGING TRUST
Chesapeake Lodging Trust is a self-advised lodging real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on investments primarily in upper-upscale hotels in major business and convention markets and, on a selective basis, premium select-service hotels in urban settings or unique locations in the United States. The Trust owns 12 hotels with an aggregate of 3,516 rooms in six states and the District of Columbia. Additional information can be found on the Trust’s website at www.chesapeakelodgingtrust.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV