LONDON, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Technology Helps Charities Encourage Spontaneous Online Fundraising at the Point of Purchase-
JustGiving and ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV), today announced a strategic partnership that will see them collectively launch an integrated event registration and fundraising tool for UK charities, aimed at helping event managers sell out their events and maximise fundraising, with zero up-front costs.
Data from JustGiving shows that organised event fundraising continues to grow as a source of income for charities in the UK, with the number of organised events registered on JustGiving increasing seven-fold over the past five years to over 1,600 [ 1 ]events. Over the same period, fundraiser participation in organised events has doubled [ 2 ]. Yet currently, research suggests just six in ten large charities manage registration for these events online [ 3 ].Zarine Kharas, CEO of JustGiving commented, "When we ask charities what they'd like to be able to do using JustGiving, online event registration consistently ranks as one of the top requests. The strategic partnership with ACTIVE Network will mean that online event registration and fundraising will soon be an integrated process. By bringing together our market leading expertise in fundraising and event management, we hope to revolutionise the way charities and companies manage and grow their event fundraising." The new tool will allow event participants to sign up for an event online in minutes, pay securely and begin fundraising immediately. It will allow charities, companies and event managers to coordinate and manage their event registration and marketing online, with the option to build in automatic fundraising page creation for each event participant. Organisations granted advance access to trial the new solution in its early phase include, Barnado's, Brighton Marathon, KPMG and Maggie's Centres. Phase one of the launch is planned in the UK starting in Autumn 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV