Town Sports International Holdings Inc. Stock Downgraded (CLUB)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, TOWN SPORTS INTL HOLDINGS's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CLUB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 128.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 49.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for TOWN SPORTS INTL HOLDINGS is rather low; currently it is at 24.80%. Regardless of CLUB's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CLUB's net profit margin of 3.10% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 50.67 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, CLUB has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts