Updated from 5:13 p.m. EDT with General Motors' announcement that marketing chief Joel Ewanick resigned.
The automaker said Ewanick had chosen to leave and said his resignation would be effective immediately.
Earlier Sunday, The Wall Street Journal reported that Ewanick was on his way out. Citing anonymous sources, the newspaper said he and GM were expected to decide whether he would resign or be removed from the company.News of Ewanick's departure follows GM's announcement Wednesday that it was restructuring its executive ranks to eliminate redundancy and complexity. Although GM CEO Dan Akerson last month voiced support for Ewanick, the marketing chief has come under criticism for his decision to stop paid advertising on Facebook (FB), the Journal report noted. Shares of GM closed Friday up 56 cents, or 2.9%, at $19.67. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV