Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), a Worldwide Olympic Partner, today introduced the lineup of more than 150 athletes the company and its brands are sponsoring at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Gillette, a P&G brand, partnered with a team of 24 world-class athletes from 18 countries that will represent the world's leading male grooming brand at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. (Photo: Business Wire)
The team of international athletes represents P&G and 34 leadership brands including Pampers®, Tide®/Ariel®, Pantene®, Head & Shoulders®, Duracell® and Gillette®. The team has been selected from 48 countries and includes approximately 70 men and more than 80 women.
These athletes will also serve as ambassadors for P&G brands. They will be featured in advertising and retail programs in more than four million stores around the world. Examples of P&G brand campaigns include:
- Gillette – “A Great Start Every Day” campaign featuring Swiss tennis player Roger Federer, British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy, Chinese Badminton player Lin Dan, Brazilian swimmer Felipe Franca, and American swimmer Ryan Lochte
- Ariel & Tide – “Proud Keeper of Your Country’s Colours” campaign featuring Turkish runner Nevin Yanit and Mexican pentathlete Oscar Soto
- Pampers – “Celebrating Babies' Unique Spirit of Play” campaign featuring U.S. beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings and British marathoner Paula Radcliffe
- Pantene – “Keep Shining” campaign featuring Argentine tennis player Gisela Dulko, Mexican diver Paola Espinosa, and American swimmer Natalie Coughlin
- Head & Shoulders – “Wash in Confidence” featuring American swimmer Michael Phelps and French handball player Nikola Karabatic
“We are delighted to introduce P&G’s family of athletes to the world. The world-class Olympians we’re sponsoring embody the dedication, passion and commitment that inspires us as a company,” said Marc Pritchard, P&G’s Global Brand Building Officer.