AKRON, Ohio, July 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The majority of service restorations for FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) utility customers who lost power as a result of severe storms this week are expected to be completed by midnight tonight, with the remainder completed Sunday.
Crews continue working around the clock to restore power to approximately 7,400 Penelec and 2,000 West Penn Power customers in western and central Pennsylvania who remain without power.
In total, more than 330,000 FirstEnergy customers across Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey were impacted by the severe weather system that moved through the region on Thursday and Friday.
For updated information on storm restoration, current outage maps, FirstEnergy's storm restoration process and tips for staying safe after a storm, go to www.firstenergycorp.com/outages .To report an outage, customers should call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877). SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV