Zynga? Look, as someone who is addicted to Scramble With Friends, which I play with my daughter daily, I have learned to never pay for anything, and I so enjoy the "for free" aspect of this terrific game. Looks like I am not the only one who won't pay up. I see this company wilting away, as that earnings trajectory seems to be pointing toward losses, not gains. Plus, the fade nature of games -- remember Draw Something from OMGPOP? -- makes this hit-driven business totally unpredictable.
So many stocks have been left for dead when they get to $2, including, recently Nokia (NOK), Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) and RadioShack (RSH). It's a rare bird that can come out of that $2 death trap. The unheralded Sprint is one of them.
Zynga? All I can say is welcome to the graveyard that your Wall Street cheerleaders didn't see coming. Those analysts should be so ashamed for their sins of recommendation that remind me so much of the first Internet wave that crashed on the shore, drowning just about everyone, including the analysts, who told us to come on in because the water's fine.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV