We believe that we deliver great value to our customers through mobility and total telecom solutions, and we expect to receive an adequate return from these high value services that we provide. This is how we maintain our 53% market share, recording higher net additions in the second quarter, and deliver strong financial results.
Moving on to page seven. As highlighted earlier, we registered strong net additions of 192,000 to reach a total of 34.7 million subscribers. This further improved our postpaid base with around 536,000 new customers, thanks to a simplified tariff structure with attractive and affordable offers communicated during the first half, and our contracting efforts.
We are also pleased with a 5.6% rise in our blended ARPU, chiefly driven by a growing postpaid base in our subscriber mix, and a higher mobile broadband configuration. (Inaudible) to market trends, our MOU also rose by 14% year-on-year to around 250 minutes.
Now moving to next slide, we will look at the smartphone market. The smartphone markets remain the key to growth of our mobile broadband business. Therefore, we focus on driving smartphone penetration through a [Technical Difficulty] this portfolio includes the latest models in smartphone technology, as well as more affordable alternatives that nevertheless, provide an acceptable and productive user experience.Recently, we included a new model to our portfolio, with the launch of Turkcell MaxiPlus 5, the successor to the Turkcell T-series smartphones and now, better equipped with smart applications developed in-house. Meanwhile the Turkcell MaxiPlus 5, designed for professionals, will be offered in the third quarter. The arrival of Turkcell branded smartphones greatly helped in widening access to mobile internet through its affordable prices, compared to high but declining average smartphone prices in the market. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV