Cameco Corp (CCJ): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard
Cameco (CCJ) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.7%. By the end of trading, Cameco fell 37 cents (-1.6%) to $21.98 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of Cameco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.22-$22.30 after having opened the day at $21.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.35. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources (SHZ), down 6.6%, China Precision Steel (CPSL), down 6.2%, China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS), down 5%, and Nevsun Resources (NSU), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Cameco Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV