Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Starbucks Corporation fell $4.94 (-9.4%) to $47.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28.4 million shares of Starbucks Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.12-$48.20 after having opened the day at $46.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.40. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Granite City Food & Brewery (GCFB), down 7.4%, Asia Entertainment & Resources (AERL), down 5.4%, Caribou Coffee Company (CBOU), down 4.8%, and Empire Resorts (NYNY), down 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Starbucks Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SBUX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV