Principal Financial Group (PFG) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Principal Financial Group fell 65 cents (-2.5%) to $24.98 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.5 million shares of Principal Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.26-$25.54 after having opened the day at $24.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.63. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Direct Markets Holdings (MKTS), down 9.9%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation (SMCG), down 9.4%, BGC Partners (BGCP), down 3.5%, and Credit Suisse (DSLV), down 2.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Principal Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PFG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV