Legg Mason Inc. (LM): Today's Featured Financial Laggard
Legg Mason (LM) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Legg Mason fell 27 cents (-1.1%) to $24.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.31-$25.19 after having opened the day at $25.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.13. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Porter Bancorp (PBIB), down 11.8%, Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 10.4%, Direct Markets Holdings (MKTS), down 9.9%, and Stratus Properties (STRS), down 9.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV