United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Class B (UPS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.7%. By the end of trading, United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Class B rose $1.13 (1.5%) to $76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Class B exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.10-$76.46 after having opened the day at $75.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.87. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Saia (SAIA), up 19.7%, Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG), up 13.4%, American Railcar Industries (ARII), up 12.9%, and Quality Distribution (QLTY), up 11.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) Class B Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UPS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV