Citigroup Inc (C): Today's Featured Banking Winner
Citigroup (C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $1.02 (3.9%) to $27.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 51.5 million shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 40.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.35-$27.60 after having opened the day at $26.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.28. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Hampton Roads Bankshares (HMPR), up 23.1%, National Bank of Greece (NBG), up 13.6%, First Financial Service Corporation (FFKY), up 12.5%, and Northeast Community Bancorp (NECB), up 10.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV