SUGAR LAND, Texas, July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CVI), a refiner and marketer of petroleum fuels and the majority owner in nitrogen fertilizer manufacturer CVR Partners, LP (NYSE: UAN), announced today that Susan M. Ball will become the companies' chief financial officer and treasurer effective August 7, 2012. She replaces Frank A. Pici, who is leaving to pursue other opportunities.
Ball has more than 25 years of experience in the accounting industry and has been with the company for more than six years. For the past five years, she served as vice president, chief accounting officer and assistant treasurer for CVR Energy and CVR GP, the general partner of CVR Partners, where she was principally responsible for public and financial reporting, accounting, tax and related departments. Prior to the formation of CVR Energy in 2007, Ball served in the same capacity for Coffeyville Resources, LLC, which is now a CVR Energy subsidiary.
"Susan has demonstrated tremendous talent and leadership during her tenure with CVR Energy, and she has played an instrumental role in the company's growth and achievements over the years," said Chief Executive Officer Jack Lipinski. "In addition to her extensive background in accounting, Susan has a deep understanding of our businesses and is a key member of our executive team. I am pleased to have Susan take on this important role in our company."I also want to thank Frank for his contributions to CVR Energy and wish him well in future endeavors," Lipinski said. Prior to joining CVR Energy, Ball served as a tax managing director with KPMG LLP, where she was responsible for all aspects of federal and state income tax compliance and tax consulting, which included a significant amount of mergers and acquisition work on behalf of clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV