Both AlphaCat Re 2011 and AlphaCat Re 2012 contributed meaningfully in the quarter to the growth of our client franchise and growth in managed gross premiums written. We also contributed fee income to our bottom line for managing third-party capital equal to $5.7 million for the quarter.
Our second quarter net income available to Validus shareholders was $157.6 million. This is $1.62 per diluted common share. Net operating income available to Validus was $171.2 million or $1.65 per diluted share. This is a record high operating income for us for second quarter and continues on the heels of our strong first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV