This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
TheStreet Open House

Taubman's CEO Discusses Q2 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

Retailers’ sentimental leasing activity remains strong. Comp Center NIO, excluding lease cancellation income was up a solid 8.2% for the quarter. NOI growth was driven by rents and recoveries. Sponsorship income also contributed.



As you’ll recall, we reported a 9.3% increase in the first quarter, so it’s been two periods of outstanding growth. With this performance, we are raising our guidance on NIO growth to a range of 5% to 6% for the year. That’s up significantly from the 4% outlook that we communicated last quarter. This means we continue to expect NOI growth to moderate in the second half of the year.



While rent is projected as consistently good quarter-over-quarter growth throughout the year, we expect volatility and seasonality of net recoveries to reduce comparable NOI growth in the next two quarters.

On June 30, occupancy at comp centers was 90.2%. In addition, we had 4.1% occupancy in temporary tenants at comp centers, our highest level in the second quarter we’ve seen since we began tracking the statistic. This raised our total occupied space to 94.3% at June 30.

Comp center occupancy was up 200 basis points from June 30 last year and better than anticipated for this quarter. This is largely due to an unprecedented low level of unscheduled closings we’ve had to-date in 2012. Only one tenant with four stores declared bankruptcy in the quarter. We continue to believe that occupancy will be up about 150 basis points over 2011 for the rest of the year. Of course, strong occupancy favorably impacted both rent and recoveries in the quarter.

Average rent per square foot of $47.07 was up a healthy 3.8% from last year. Year-to-date average rent was up 2.7%. We continue to believe we’ll achieve our guidance of 3% rent per square foot growth for the year.

3 of 4

Select the service that is right for you!

COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
DOW 17,223.13 -56.61 -0.33%
S&P 500 1,998.81 -11.59 -0.58%
NASDAQ 4,534.8240 -44.9650 -0.98%

Brokerage Partners

Rates from Bankrate.com

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs