Now for a look at the specific results. Adjusted EPS for the 2012 quarter were $0.35 per share 21% higher than the $0.29 per share reported for the 2011 second quarter. Other than adjusted EPS, there is very little comparable between 2012 and 2011 due t the size of the acquired ESAB and Howden businesses.
Net sales for the 2012 second quarter were 1.50 billion an increase of 9.5% organically compared to the 1.20 billion pro forma sales for 2011 second quarter.
Turning now to our business segment. For gas and fluid handling, net sales for the second quarter were 497 million which represents an increase of 13% organically compared to 461 million pro forma revenue in last second quarter.
With respect to our end markets please refer to the slide for a specific growth rates. As you [read] that data you will note that currency had a negative 7% drag on sales and a negative 6% decrease in orders for the period of 2011 second quarter. In reviewing end markets for the gas and fluid handling segment, I’ll begin by focusing on our largest sector power generation where our main products include axial and centrifugal fan, lubrication pump and rotary heat exchanges.For the 2012 second quarter, sales increased 15% organically, sales were particularly strong in China and South Africa and as mentioned in our last comment or promised in the last quarter growth in China benefited from compliance with aggressive environmental regulations and a series of maintenance projects has provided growth in South Africa. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV