In addition, as part of the fleet-modernization plan, the utility has invested more than $1 billion in environmental technology to reduce emissions dramatically at Progress Energy Carolinas' remaining coal-fired plants – the Roxboro and Mayo plants in Person County and the Asheville Plant in Buncombe County. Progress Energy Carolinas will continue to operate those three coal-fired facilities after the others are retired.
About Progress Energy Carolinas:
Progress Energy Carolinas, a subsidiary of Duke Energy, provides electricity and related services to nearly 1.5 million customers in North Carolina and South Carolina. The company is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., and maintains a diverse generation fleet of more than 12,200 megawatts in owned capacity. PEC serves a territory encompassing more than 34,000 square miles, including the cities of Raleigh, Wilmington and Asheville in North Carolina and Florence and Sumter in South Carolina.
More information is available at www.progress-energy.com.Contact our 24-hour media line: 800-559-DUKE (3853) Follow Progress Energy Carolinas on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ProgEnergyNC_SC Follow Progress Energy Carolinas on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgressEnergyCarolinas SOURCE Duke Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV