Westmoreland Coal Company (NasdaqGM:WLB) today announced that the Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Michael G. Hutchinson as an independent director effective August 1, 2012.
Mr. Hutchinson recently retired from Deloitte & Touche. His Deloitte career spanned nearly 35 years, leading their Denver Energy and Natural Resources Practice for the last fifteen years while at the same time managing the Audit and Enterprise Risk Management practice of the Denver office. Mr. Hutchinson is a native of Colorado having graduated from the University of Northern Colorado in 1978 with a Bachelor’s degree specialization in Accounting.
“We are pleased that Mike has agreed to join our board,” commented Richard Klingaman, Chairman of the Board of Westmoreland. “His professional public accounting experience and broad engagement in the energy and financial sectors will serve us well.”
About Westmoreland Coal CompanyWestmoreland Coal Company is the oldest independent coal company in the United States. The Company’s coal operations include coal mining in the Powder River Basin in Montana, sub-bituminous mining in Wyoming, and lignite mining operations in Montana, North Dakota and Texas. Its power operations include ownership of the two-unit ROVA coal-fired power plant in North Carolina. For more information, visit www.westmoreland.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV