AKRON, Ohio, July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- James Rebholz, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) National Chairman joined Steve McClellan, President of Goodyear's North American tire unit, today at an event in Akron, Ohio, supporting Veteran and Reservist employment at Goodyear. During the event, McClellan announced Goodyear's intent to hire 1,000 veterans over the next three years through its partnership with the United States Chamber of Commerce Hiring Our Heroes program and signed a statement of support for the Guard and Reserve on behalf of Goodyear.
"Our longstanding relationship with the United States military began in World War I, and as the largest producer of military tires in the United States, Goodyear products still play an important part in keeping our armed forces rolling," said McClellan."Additionally, we support the military through our charitable contributions such as the 'Goodyear Gives Back' program which generates support and donations for the 'Support Our Troops' non-profit organization. We're proud to build on generations of support by committing to a goal of hiring 1,000 veterans over three years," he continued. Goodyear's hiring commitment will be counted toward the U.S. Chamber's goal of getting 500,000 veterans and military spouses hired by the end of 2014. "We are thrilled to see Goodyear step up as a leader in the private sector by committing to hire 1,000 veterans over the next three years," said Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Schmiegel (Ret.), executive director of the U.S. Chamber's Hiring Our Heroes program. "Goodyear clearly recognizes that hiring a veteran isn't just the right thing to do. It's also the smart thing. With every commitment, we hope more and more companies will follow suit to help us reach our goal." Goodyear also reaffirmed its commitment to support employees enlisted in the National Guard and Reserve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV