Another stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO), which is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of zinc finger DNA-binding proteins, a naturally occurring class of proteins. This stock is off to an extremely bullish start to 2012, with shares up around 95% so far on the year.
If you take a look at the chart for Sangamo Biosciences, you'll notice that this stock has just started to bounce right off its 50-day moving average of $4.95 a share, after it had pulled back from around $5.88 a share. This bounce is now gearing SGMO up to re-test those recent highs and possible trigger a major breakout trade.
Market players should now look for long-biased traders in SGMO if this stock can manage to trigger a breakout trade above some overhead resistance levels at $5.88 to $5.89 a share, and then above $6.16 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 246,756 shares. If we get that move soon, then SGMO has a strong chance to spike towards $7 to $8 a share.>>Hot Biotech Stocks Traded by Hedge Funds One can look to buy SGMO off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop somewhere around its 50-day moving average of $4.95. I would rather buy off strength once SGMO clears $5.88 to $5.89 with volume and then add more above $6.16 a share. If you buy offs strength, then use a stop around $5.30 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV