CHICAGO, July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines will launch its 2012 Team USA television advertising this evening, highlighting the airline's role as the official airline of Team USA and marking the start of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The commercials – under the direction of veteran commercial director Joe Pytka – are narrated by Academy Award-winning screenwriter and actor Matt Damon, and feature a stirring new arrangement of United's signature theme, "Rhapsody in Blue," by the London Symphony Orchestra:
- "Tunnel," a 60-second commercial highlighting United's role in flying Team USA to the London 2012 Olympic Games. The spot launches today during NBC's broadcast of the Opening Ceremony and will run, along with a 30-second version, throughout the network's 17-day coverage of the Games.
- "Getting Ready," a 30-second commercial highlighting United employees' pride and coordination in flying Team USA. The spot will also run throughout NBC's coverage of the Games.
The commercials are part of a larger United 2012 Team USA advertising campaign, "Before They Move Us, We Move Them," which highlights the airline's history in flying Team USA Olympic and Paralympic athletes to training events, competitions, Olympic Trials and Olympic Games for 32 years. The campaign includes print and outdoor advertising, a "17 Days/17 Flights to London" promotion that United conducted in the spring, social media and airport signage in United's eight continental U.S. hubs.
"Our effort reflects the enormous pride United has in flying Team USA," said Mark Bergsrud, United's senior vice president of marketing. "We are thrilled to support the 2012 Team USA Olympic and Paralympic athletes as they 'go for gold' in London."United's agency-of-record, McGarryBowen, developed the campaign with the airline.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV